We are currently hiring for a Jewellery Assistant & Customer Care Representative!
Jewellery Assistant Job Description
Meg Lizabet is a fast growing jewellery brand dedicated to creating beautiful one-of-a-kind pieces for everyday people. We like to call it wearable art. We are looking for someone to work directly under Meg and play a vital role contributing across all parts of the business, including operations, sales, marketing, gold-smithing, and order fulfilment.
This is a rare and exciting opportunity for a recent graduate of a jewellery program who is looking to get started in the industry. It's also a chance to improve your gold-smithing skills under the guidance of an experienced professional. As an added perk, you will have access to our fully equipped jewellery workshop to use for your own projects in your free time.
This is a full time role with hybrid work from home and work at the studio hours.
Your duties will include:
- Help with product photography and photo editing
- Managing and creating website inventory
- Grow the business by contributing to social media strategy, content creation, and cross promotion activities
- Provide sales support by answering customer queries, helping to prepare quotations, and guiding customers through the bespoke ring buying process
- Inventory management and shipping
- Website optimization and maintenance
- Hone your gold-smithing skills with some light bench work
- Liaise with various international and local industry suppliers and vendors
You are a recent graduate from a jewellery program and looking to kickstart your career in jewellery. You want to learn what it takes to run a small business. You want to apprentice under an experienced jeweller to hone your bench skills. You would like to grow your industry network and gain exposure to suppliers.
We are looking for someone who is eager to learn and that wants to make a positive contribution to a small business.
- Attention to fine detail
- Highly organised
- Great writing and communication skills
- Great with customers. Approachable and friendly
- Can work independently and take initiative
- Basic gemstone knowledge is a must
- Fabrication and polishing experience is a must
About Meg Lizabet
Meg herself is a certified gemologist and a fellow of the Canadian Gemological Association, published writer, and recognized speaker on topics such as women in business, entrepreneurship, and all things shiny. She studied metal-smithing and jewellery design at OCAD university in Ontario Canada.
Meg is proudly committed to taking care of the planet and also making sure we all take care of each other. We only work with sustainably mined gemstones and recycled gold to minimize our impact on the environment and ensure the welfare of the miners and stone cutters. We also donate 3% of all profits to one of two charities that we support: the Workman Arts Organisation, (in association with CAMH) and Gem Legacy.
Workman Arts is a multidisciplinary arts organisation that supports artists living with mental health and addiction issues through peer-to-peer arts education, public presentations and partnerships with the broader arts community. Gem Legacy supports vocational training, entrepreneurship, and community development in East African artisanal gem mining communities.
How to Apply
To apply, please email your cover letter and CV to email@example.com